Current Tenants

It may become the case that your current accommodation no longer meets your requirements, either through ill-health, a growing household or relocation to aid employment. You may wish to consider either moving from your current accommodation by way of a transfer or a mutual exchange.

Current Tenants

Applying for a transfer

Transfer applications will usually only be accepted if:
  • You have been in your present accommodation for a minimum of 2 years
  • Your rent account is less than four weeks in arrears
  • You have kept your accommodation in good condition and there is no damage or repair for which you are responsible.
  • There are no outstanding breaches in your tenancy agreement.
Transfers will not be authorised were:
  • The applicant does not fall into any housing need category
  • Has failed to make good damage to existing property
  • Has committed a substantiated breach of tenancy
  • Has received a Notice of Seeking Possession
  • Has breached the terms of a suspended Possession Order

All applicants refused a request for transfer will have the right of appeal which should be directed to the Housing Manager.

Interested in Applying? - Click here

Mutual Exchange

All residents who are eligible to apply for consent to exchange their dwelling for another dwelling held by another eligible resident of NB Housing, another Housing Association, or any other Registered Social landlord such as the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.

All parties however must agree to the exchange and will use criteria individual to their own policies and procedures to agree to exchanges taking place.

If you are interested in this type of re-housing, please contact one of our Housing Officers on 02890 592110.